Monday, August 15, 2011

California Trip

Some point along the 17-mile drive

18th hole at Pebble Beach

Nepenthe's Restaurant.  The view is to die for.

These fatso birds at Nepenthe's watched for stray french fries and would swoop down to take them from your plate.  

Point Lobos

The Sacramento (Folsom) temple where Becky and Terry got married

      I realized that I never posted anything about our trip to California in June.  We had a wonderful time in Carmel, Monterey, San Francisco, and Sacramento.  I'm not exactly a California girl, but I do have to say that I love how easy it is to get local produce and fish.  The farmer's markets there are daily, not weekly.  The best meal we had was at our hotel in San Francisco, called the Orchard.  The food is all local and organic.  It was probably the best meal I've EVER had in a restaurant.  I had a wonderful bit of roast chicken with vegetables and then a cardamom chocolate dessert of some sort, but of course I forgot to take pictures of it.  Mike had an incredible beef brisket that was the most tender brisket I've ever tasted.  So, here are some pictures of the farmer's market in Monterey, some yummy seafood, and the beautiful coastlines.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment