Saturday, November 6, 2010

Cranberry Pork

   I've learned something about myself:  If I don't have time to cook at least a couple of times a week, I'm too busy.  Cooking is a primary ingredient to my sanity and quite often, I forget to do it.  (Does that mean I'm going slowly insane?)  So, when I had the chance to cook for guests last night, I went all out.  We had Cranberry Pork Tenderloin, Garlic Mashed Redskin Potaoes, Farmer Tom's Steamed Cauliflower, Biscuits, and Pumpkin Cheesecake (no I didn't bake the cheesecake!).

   Anyway, I have tried several cranberry sauce recipes for pork or chicken and with a little tweaking, I think I have found the perfect one.  Once again, this is very similar to a recipe on www.allrecipes.com, but a few changes make it my own.  And I can proudly say that every morsel of it was eaten and the words one of my guests decribed it as "Amazing pork with red cranberry deliciousness."   I think I'm going to try it in the slow cooker next to make it more of a staple at our house.  So, pull out your local, hormone-free, free-range pork, and try it out at your house!

CC's Cranberry Pork
Pork Tenderloin
salt and pepper
2 cups fresh cranberries
1/2 cup brown sugar (or substitute orange marmalade)
1 tsp rosemary
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice

Rub salt and pepper all over tenderloin(s).  In a large skillet, brown tenderloin(s) over medium to medium-low heat in extra virgin olive oil until lightly browned on outside.  Add cranberries, sugar, and 1/2 cup water.  Bring to a boil; reduce heat (keep boiling longer if most of the cranberries have not burst yet).  Add rosemary and pumpkin pie spice.  Stir.  Cover and simmer for about 30-45 minutes until cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment